Sunday, April 15, 2012

west wing room or grand tower room MGM

i have booked a west wing room at the MGM next week for 7 nights should i ask for a downgrade to a grand tower room as comments on TA are not that inspiring about the west wing.



I booked the west wing due to it looking modern and had a shower the grand tower room does not seem to have this facility. there are three of us and all have seperate rooms so if i ask for upgrade or downgrade we would all want our own room.





Simon The old bean club



west wing room or grand tower room MGM


Never stayed, but many people mentioned that there is little privacy in the bathroom. So if you have your own room that should be fine.





The Grand tower has a tub and shower, The bathroom is pretty big. The views are also better in the Grand Tower.





I think a lot of young people or couples prefer the west wing. I don%26#39;t get why they consider the west wing an upgrade.





I think you will be happy at either location.



west wing room or grand tower room MGM


If there are three of you, how about you all share a suite? That way there would be a common area to hang out, etc. I personally think it would be more fun.





If you are set on MGM, the Terrace Suites look awesome. I don%26#39;t know how much they go for though. Or you could get two suites at the Palazzo, each with a king/two double beds and a seperate living area, three flat screen TVS for the same price as three rooms at the MGM.




Terrace Suites are in the $600-$800 range and have only one bed. I like a classy bathroom, but I also like a view. If I can only have one, I would choose the view. Depends upon what you like.




You do not ';downgrade'; from West Wing to Grand Tower! Grand tower is an upgrade.



Tower room all have showers and were known for its marble bathrooms for many years.



Many west rooms have shower only. Grand Tower has many ';adjoining rooms.




so why are the west wing rooms more expensive and have less space. shall i ask for grand tower rooms instead.




will it cost me more to be moved to grand tower room if we ask




Whichever you decide on (I%26#39;ve always gone with the Grand Tower), verify it at check in. A couple of weeks ago, I had reserved a Grand Tower room, but when I checked in, they gave me a West Wing room (and didn%26#39;t tell me ... only way to know is by room number) and I had to have them switch me to a Grand Tower room. No biggee, as I caught it at the check-in desk (a friend I was travelling with was checking in and asked if I was in the West Wing).




I think MGM considers the West Wing to be hip ;)



They rooms were totally renovated a few yeas back and MGM for what ever reason decided to charge more for them.





Yes the Grand Tower has larger rooms, bigger bathrooms and better views by far.





If you want a bigger room, bigger bathroom and better views then change to the Grand Tower.





crazy I know




No it should not cost you more to move to Grand tower. Call and ask them.




Definately go with the Grand Tower room.



The beds have been upgraded so your sleep will be VERY comfy!



100sf more in Grand Tower rooms than West Wing. And better chance at Strip views.



If you all have seperate rooms and don%26#39;t mind the bathroom being a wall away, and need that room that%26#39;s been redone, then staying in the West Wing might work for you 3.



Me? I want more square footage for the same price!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment