Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Valet Service

For the first time I%26#39;m renting a car in Vegas when I go in May.



I know valet at all Strip hotels is free and I know you just have to tip the driver when you get your car back. But how about when they take your car and go park it. Do you tip them then when they drive off with it or only tip them when they bring it back??





This valet thing is new to me but I%26#39;m sure it beats circling around in a parking garage looking for something and wasting half an hour doing so.





Can someone also tell me the advantages/disadvantages of valet?



Valet Service


There are a few that tip when dropping off, but it is customary and usual to just tip once for the service of parking your car. Tip when you pick the car up, unless of course you want to throw money away, then you%26#39;re free to tip twice lol.





Advantage is obvious: You pull up to the front of the place and walk right in.





Disadvantages would include potential long waits if you try to get your car at a busy time like right after a show lets out. Another disadvantage is possibly finding the valet ';full'; sign out when you pull up. (This is the only time I tip in advance, as I find a $5 bill and a ';can you find room for me?'; usually makes the ';full'; sign disappear).



Valet Service


I generally tip when the valet person brings the car to me. A few bucks will do.




Just what Irish said.



We once pulled up to Mandalay Bay and were informed that we were in line for a VIP parking lot. Two tens from the back seat quickly made this parking lot acceptable to the attendant.



If Irish accomplishes the same with $5, maybe we paid way too much. =)



See the things I continually learn on TA!




I never tip when I drop the car off- only when I pick it up. If you pick it up after a show- be prepared to wait a while. Sometimes I use valet parking and sometimes I self park. It depends on the hotel. I almost always self-park at the Mirage (using the Spring Mountain entrance), TI and the Bellagio. I just find self-park easy at those hotels and I don%26#39;t mind walking to my car. I don%26#39;t have to drive in circles for half an hour and it is sometimes faster than valet parking. It is just a personal preference that has nothing to do with the tip.

No comments:

Post a Comment