Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Okada question

I%26#39;ve made a reservation for Okada in the teppanyaki room. I love sushi, my husband prefers teppanyaki. Would we be better off in the main dining room when ordering both?



Okada question


Bump for Underpar, Jaco, and others



Okada question


J/S I am not a fan of teppanyaki. As such, I eat at the bar when alone or in the main dining room with family. The teppanyaki dining is in a separate room altogether if memory serves. I am pretty sure one must eat there to get it. Any way you ';cut it'; it will be good.




Isn%26#39;t teppanyaki the ';cook in front of you Benihana concept';? I doubt your husband could have sushi there. But if it%26#39;s simply you like raw and he likes cooked, how about in the main dining room and he tries the robati?




When making the reservation I was told we could get sushi in the teppanyaki room and teppanyaki in main dining room, I%26#39;m just trying to figure out which room would be nicer to dine in...thanks for the replies....




I suggest to sit in teppanyaki room, where you can watch the meal being cooked, and it will be easy for them to bring you sushi, and you can enjoy the ';show'; too!




Personally I like the main dining room better. Seeing the food cooked does nothing for me and the setting is not as nice. You can have anything they offer any where you choose to sit. The Okada roll is to die for. It is a wonderful place, enjoy.




How can you have teppanyaki in the main dining room? Do they come to each table and cook there? (seriously, I just can%26#39;t picture it).




Teppanyaki just means food cooked on a hot flat grill. It is a cooking stlye and has nothing to do with if they cook it in front of you for show or back in the kitchen. So if you are sitting in the regular dining room they just cook it in the kitchen and bring it to you.




Thanks, Norgetroll.




JackandSally,





There are two ways to view this, I believe the food is usually prepared better and comes out hotter when you eat in front of the table instead of the kitchen cooking it. However, that being said, you can always eat in front of a table anywhere. I would go with the view at the main dining area for a more relaxed and romantic feel to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment