Wednesday, April 25, 2012

goffs road

Hi all-





Long time lurker looking for an alternative to the river road. I know it%26#39;s in a lot better shape than before, but my car is like an old horse when it sees the barn, I cant help going fast because I%26#39;m so close to my destination, yet the speed limit is so low,plus I see people getting tickets every trip.





I took goffs road to the 95 then the 163 many years ago,and remember it being kind of worn out and spooky.But it does save me a few miles and I avoid the most un-favorite part of my trip.





Is this a good idea? Are there big potholes? I%26#39;ve looked for goffs in the search and couldnt find it. Any suggestions?





thanks in advance



Fishinful



goffs road


I have tried many different routes into Laughlin, but never Goffs Road. I can%26#39;t imagine it could be any faster over to 95. You are driving on a two lane road vs. a 4 lane freeway. I tried the 95 to 163 and then into Laughlin, but I found it was a much slower route (time wise).





The fastest route coming in from I-40 that I found, is to take the River Cutoff over to the Needles Highway and then into Laughlin. The Nevada section of the road is really good, but it is a major speed trap. Last week I saw someone getting a ticket, and another police car waiting for the next customer.





Now if you don%26#39;t want to worry about the speed trap section is to cross into Needles and take the Arizona 95 through Ft. Mohave and Bullhead City- crossing the bridge into Laughlin.





My advise is to take the Needles Highway and just watch your speed the last few miles.



goffs road


Thats a great drive because your by yourself away from all the stinkin traffic.

No comments:

Post a Comment