Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Mandalay Bay switched my reservation....ugh

I%26#39;m bummed.

I had a reservation with an awesome rate at Mandalay Bay for one of their 750 suites. It was booked under one of their promotions where they give you a free upgrade to a suite.

I assumed (silly potato!) that the worst that would happen would be they would down-size me to their 650 (or whatever) suite. Unfortunately today I received an e-mail that they had ';upgraded'; me to the basic suite at THEHotel.

Ugh. I didn%26#39;t want to stay at THEHotel. I wanted to stay at Mandalay. I know....they are in the same location....I just really wanted ';regular'; Mandalay.

I called to ask if I could get the room they had confirmed in my original reservation e-mail. Nope. All they were required (or willing) to do was give me a suite--and the only one they could give me was at THEHotel. They had over-booked the 750%26#39;s.

I didn%26#39;t even realize they could do that.

Oh well. I%26#39;m disappointed, but I booked a new reservation at the Palazzo with the $50 per night gambling credit. So now I%26#39;ll look forward to that.

(Guess I just needed to grump a little.)

Mandalay Bay switched my reservation....ugh

I can appreciate how you are disappointed. What they offered you strikes me as reasonable. If they threw in a $50 food comp or something I would really be impressed. But they did not do that. Yes, hotels (like airlines) do overbook. What is the remarkable part of your story is that they let you know beforehand. What happens more often is that you don%26#39;t know of the overbooking situation until you try checking in. What they did was offer you the option of looking elsewhere, which you did and seem satisfied. Imagine if they waited until your arrival, you would be a far less happy camper. Again, I can understand your frustration, but it sounds like they did a respectable job in handling the mistake. Enjoy the Palazo.

Mandalay Bay switched my reservation....ugh

Have you ever wanted to PULL a fire alarm?


It is very odd that they notified you ahead of time. How do they KNOW that there won%26#39;t be no-shows on their MB suites? Airlines don%26#39;t bump you until everyone has checked in and they KNOW the plane is oversold.

How far in the future was your reservation?

I hope my reservation doesn%26#39;t go the OTHER way - I%26#39;m booked at THEHotel because we%26#39;ve never been there, have already stayed at MB. But it wouldn%26#39;t be the end of the world.


theHotel is my favorite place to stay in Vegas. Can%26#39;t recommend it enough. Would much rather stay there than the 750 Mandalay Bay room. MUCH rather. To each their own though.


I%26#39;m staying there next week is TheSuite as good as it looks on their website.


We stayed at TheHotel a couple of years ago and we loved it. It is a lot closer to MB than the impression I got from reading the reviews.


I don%26#39;t understand the problem. TheHotel is an upgrade.


Yeah, I agree. I wouldn%26#39;t have turned down TheHotel at the same price as Mandalay Bay. Their rooms are great and it%26#39;s essentially the same property. Oh well!


Thats good to know. I know its off the strip and theres a monorail you can get but is it easy enough to walk to the strip from TheHotel without using the monorail


Yeah.....I know.....I really am glad they let me know ahead of time! And to most it probably is an upgrade. And I was able to book something else. So I%26#39;m not too grumpy. LOL! After all, I%26#39;m going to VEGAS BABY! And who can be grumpy in Vegas?? :-)

(Thanks for letting me have a little, quick vent and not yelling at me. It%26#39;s all out of my sytem now.I promise!)

  • girl myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment