Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Help! What to pack?

Help!

I am leaving on Wednesday and I don%26#39;t know what to pack! Is it going to be warm enough for tank tops or should I stick to t-shirts, should I pack pants or capris? I%26#39;ve checked the forecast but I%26#39;m unsure how to translate it into my wardrobe choices!

Thanks!

Help! What to pack?

It might be warm enough for tanks during the day but you are going to need a sweater or jacket for the evenings.

If you aren%26#39;t one to go back to your room and change for the evening, then I would suggest layers. Long pants and a light shirt for the day with a sweater/jacket for evenings.

Have a great trip.

Help! What to pack?

Leave the tank tops and capris at home. At the warmest you will most likely need a tshirt, long sleeved shirt or light sweater during the day, evenings will be cooler. Of course it could end up being quite warm or quite cold, it is the desert. Bring clothing that can be layered.


According to Accuweather the temps are going to be in the low to mid 70s or high 60s. That is certainly capri weather for us in England. I will be taking a pair of lightweight cargo pants for any sort of freak cooler weather during the day.


I am leaving Sunday and had the same delima. The temps fluctuate so much from day to night. So I am taking long sleeve, long pants and jacket for evenings. I packed sleeveless and shortsleeve tops, capris and long jeans for days. I am covering all possibilities. Yes I slightly over packed and glad I did. There is nothing worse than underpacking for vacation. You shold be fine with capris during the day. It will be mid 70%26#39;s. You will probably need long pants for nights unless you are able to wear capris in 50 degree temps.


I just returned this weekend. I would say no tank tops. Short sleeve shirts for the day and you may get away with carpis. Evening, long sleeve shirts with jacket.


Well here is the thing with weather, one guys warm is anothers cold. This past weekend was nice and sunny. Not what I would call pool weather and I sure was not in tank tops or capris. I did not use my pool, though I did sit outside and read the paper in my sweats. A quick check of my neighbors pools and my club pool showed them also empty. Sunday while having brunch at Tableau I noticed a few people at the VIP pool. A quick chat with a pool attendant and I learned most all were Europeans who thought the weather was hot. The pool attendant mind you was wearing a jacket.


check out the web cam ---- it%26#39;ll give you an idea what people are wearing.

http://www.earthcam.com/usa/nevada/lasvegas/

lots of capris, tanks, t-shirts ~


Wednesday: Sunny, with a high near 76. Calm wind.

Wednesday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 53. Calm wind.

Thursday: Sunny, with a high near 73.

Thursday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 51.

Friday: Sunny, with a high near 72.

Friday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 51.

Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 70.

Saturday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 50.

Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 70.

Sunday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 47.

Monday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 70.

this is from the national weather service for LV.


If you don%26#39;t know how to translate the temps into your wardrobe choices, how do you expect anyone else to know? We don%26#39;t know you and how you like to dress in certain.

Given the current temps I would be in capris/shorts and lightweight tops during the day, and would be swimming. A light jacket at night. My husband is much more cold-natured and wears shorts all year.

I always check the forcast immediately before packing my clothes (everything else is always packed), which is about 15 min before I walk out the door, never fails.

Check the forcast an hour before you leave. Versatile pieces serve me well, sleeves that roll up, pashminas, windjacket with zip out sleeves (my golf clothes work great during the day).


In case anyone needs a translation from bridgey (I had to look it up):

Pashmina refers to a type of fine cashmere wool and the textiles made from it.[1][2] The name comes from Pashmineh, made from Persian pashm (= ';wool';).[2] This wool comes from changthangi or pashmina goat, which is a special breed of goat indigenous to high altitudes of the Himalayas. The wool has been used for thousands of years to make high-quality shawls that also bear the same name.

Pashmina is an Urdu and Persian word[2] which only became popular after the so-named shawls, woven in Kashmir,[1] started being popular in the west. Pashmina shawls were originally shawls hand spun, woven and embroidered in Kashmir, and made from fine cashmere fiber.[1][3]

  • how to put numbers on keys
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment