Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Budget car rental at Mccarran

I booked a discounted rental through Hotwire. When I did it, I had no idea which car rental agency it would be - it%26#39;s hidden until after you pay. Under the terms of the deal it said if you%26#39;re using a debit card, you might have to show your round-trip itinerary. OK, no problem. I do not have a credit card. I use my debit card for everything.





After I paid I found out the rental car will be through Budget and it says in the e-mail they DO NOT ACCEPT debit cards at all.





I called Hotwire and told them what happened. The guy said, ';Well, you have to wait and see if you%26#39;re denied and then we will refund your money.'; Um... so I%26#39;m supposed to go there, find out I don%26#39;t have a car, and then have to scramble at the last minute trying to book a car at, presumably, a much higher rate. Nice.





Does anybody here have experience with Budget at Las Vegas airport and using a debit card? Anyone done it? Anyone been denied a rental because of a debit card? Any advice is appreciated.



Budget car rental at Mccarran


You may just want to call Budget and visit with them since you may not have a problem using a debit card.



I got this off their web site;



budget.com/budgetWeb/…



Which credit, charge and debit cards do you accept?



At some locations, debit and pre-paid charge cards are not accepted at time of rental but are accepted for payment at time of car return. While our corporate-operated locations accept the following major credit cards, please note that acceptance of these credit cards may vary at locations outside of the U.S. and at our licensee-owned locations: American Express, Budget Charge Card, Budget International, Carte Blanche, Diners Club, Discover, JCB/Japan Card, MasterCard, Optima, PHH, Visa, Tour Wholesaler, Cash Prepayment ID Card, U.S. Government cash deposit.



Budget car rental at Mccarran


Thanks. I am going to call Budget later today.





Here is the wording on Hotwire%26#39;s booking page:





';The rental agency will require a credit card in the primary driver%26#39;s name.';





AND (in the same paragraph)





';Some drivers presenting a debit card will need to show a roundtrip itinerary.';





I interpret that to mean you can use a debit card as long as you can show a roundtrip itinerary. If Budget does not allow debit cards at all, that wording needs to be changed.




Rather than call a nationwide number, I%26#39;d suggest you call the local desk at McCarran.



(702) 730-0140




I don%26#39;t see how the wording needs to be changed. it says right there very clearly that a credit card WILL be required.




A friend of mine and myself rented at Dollar once and they said as long as you show an itinerary they will accept a debit card.



They just want to make sure they%26#39;re going to get their car back. It%26#39;s the same at Enterprise. As long as you have a round trip itinerary they%26#39;ll take a debit card.

No comments:

Post a Comment