Tuesday, April 24, 2012

connecting flights to vegas

Hi every body i wonder if any body could tell me about the connection in philadelphia what happens as i have 1hour twenty minutes to change planes and terminals. How does this work? Do i need to go through customs and collect baggage then move terminals and re book in or is my baggage automatically put on the vegas plane and i transfer to that plane please explain as have not done a connection in the states before.



i have checked out the previous topic about chicago but is it the same all over.





Thankyou Simon old bean



connecting flights to vegas


Same as Chicago or anyplace else.





At Philly you%26#39;ll clear immigration then collect your bags and clear customs. You%26#39;ll then drop off your bags at the transit desk (they%26#39;ll have been ticketed through to Vegas when you originally checked in) and proceed to whatever terminal your onward flight is departing from where you%26#39;ll have to clear security before heading to the gate.





All relatively painless and no cause for concern..... :-)



connecting flights to vegas


If this is your port of entry, you will go thru customs and must have your bag(s). Once checked they are checked after tagged. You will fill out your declaration on the plane to hand to customs.




Are you changing airports, or just terminals?





If you are just changing terminals, as an international traveller, when I have connecting flights, the luggage is automatically taken off and put onto the next flight. They have shuttles which take you from one terminal to the other.




Bags are never automatically transferred to a connecting flight when arriving in the US on an international flight. All passengers must reclaim bags before clearing customs.




I beg to differ. I just returned from Vegas, connected in Atlanta. From the time I checked my bags in Bermuda I did not see them again until I collected them from Baggage Claim in Vegas. Same for when I left Vegas.




Maybe I should add that we have US Customs in Bermuda and are cleared by them before we leave. That may make a difference.




Thankyou all for putting my mind at rest. cannot wait to get there but needed reassurrance on the connecting flight thing.





simps old bean




when i went through customs at bermuda if i recall i was strip searched and had a german shepherd sniffing my jacksy give them my regards next time you go through customs destiny





all the best simon





by the way at that point in my life i was dreadlocked and my friend who lives in Bermuda forgot to give me his address so i did not Know where i was staying.




Bermuda Customs is the worst. I apologize in advance to any and all who have to put up with them. I am a Bermudian resident and still get hassled and harrassed!!




Destiny, you%26#39;re correct in stating that clearing US customs in Bermuda meant you didn%26#39;t have to reclaim your bags at Atlanta.





Arrangements like this are far and few between. I don%26#39;t believe there any such arrangements in European cities.

No comments:

Post a Comment