Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Driving from McCarren to Palazzo

I travel to Vegas about 3 times a year but I have never rented a car. We arrive on Monday, Nov 24th at about 3:30 pm and plan to rent a car at the airport. Given the construction, time of day, and location of the Palazzo, what is the best route to take to the hotel? Sure would appreciate anyone that can suggest the best driving route. Thanks!



Driving from McCarren to Palazzo


Paradise Rd left on Sands Blvd Left into self parking or Left at Las Vegas Blvd if you want to valet.



Driving from McCarren to Palazzo


Take the Freeway (ask how to get there from the rental car place) - get off at...the one after Flamingo (Vegas Plaza?), and when you get to the Strip take a right but get into the LEFT LANE right away (I think there are 2 lanes turning right, be in the most left one), left into Palazzo.




Last time I took the freeway at 3:30pm, it was stopped!!!!!!




I%26#39;d go the back way but if you take Warmwinds%26#39; advice, it%26#39;s the Spring Mountain exit and upon leaving the freeway you take the left split to go right. Pay attention.




I THOUGHT it was Spring Mtn. but I checked Mapquest and they called it Vegas Plaza - never heard of it. Anyway, there was no traffic the afternoon we drove it and I like freeway driving better than stopping at a bunch of lights.




@ LV Blvd. it become Sands Ave.




The rental car agency will give you a map - and highlight the route if you want them to. They will know the conditions at the time you rent.



No way would I take the freeway at 3:30pm.



If the strip isn%26#39;t busy I might drive it, straight shot to The P and some enjoy seeing the strip.



Remeber the rental car location is away from the terminals - getting to Paradise not hard, just not the same as if leaving from the terminals. If you don%26#39;t want to stay on the strip take Koval (behind MGM off Trop) to a left on Sands - no need to go to Paradise. You can actually turn right before Trop and hit Koval easier, avoiding the busy intersection - look at the map. It%26#39;s not as pretty as the strip - at 3:30 on a Monday of a slow week the strip will be more pleasing to the eye.




Thanks all. I like Bridgefan1 idea about taking Koval. I totally want to avoid the bumper to bumper of the freeway and have driven down the strip on many, many occassions so the Koval route sounds like a plan. I will however double check the route with the car rental agency too. Thanks again all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment