Friday, March 30, 2012

Best places to stay near Reno Sparks Livestock Center

Hi my family is planning a trip to Reno for an event at the Livestock Center in May. What are some good places to stay within walking distance? Need a clean, decent hotel/motel with a pool. Also need a safe area because we would like to walk to the Livestock Center with 6 year old. Thanks!

Best places to stay near Reno Sparks Livestock Center

The Reno Livestock Event Center is off N. Wells, about a half mile north of 80. In May you might be able to walk it, but a cab may be worthwhile. The closest hotels are a Motel 6, Circus Circus, El Dorado, Harrah%26#39;s and the Silver Legacy. With a 6 year old, I%26#39;d recommend Circus Circus. Depending on what event you%26#39;ll be in town for, there may be shuttles from the downtown hotels to the Event Center.

Best places to stay near Reno Sparks Livestock Center

I should add, depending on what part of May, a pool may not be useful yet, we%26#39;ve been known to have snow until the middle of the month.


I second nmparmelee...Circus Circus may be your best bet (no pun intended). The Reno Livestock Events Center is not in the greatest area of town, so the closest motels are, invariably, not the greatest either (Motel 6 or Holiday Inn-you%26#39;ll see from the hotel reviews for Reno that both of those score quite low). If you guys are walkers you%26#39;ll be OK walking from Circus Circus, but a taxi might be a better option with a 6 year old if he/she is a whiner like mine ;)!


I would definitely not recommend staying in the area of the Livestock Events Center. Pick a place downtown and just cab it. As for the previous recommendations for Circus Circus, I think it is cheesy and cheap . . . but for a 6 year old, might be perfect!


Has the area deteriorated that much? For years, I%26#39;ve been using either the Motel 6 or the Econolodge (which I remember from when it was originally a Motel 6). I%26#39;m female and have never considered the area especially bad, although I typically stay while in transit and I%26#39;m not that interested in the amenities of the neighborhood. The area that seems less savory to me is not around the Livestock Center, but between I-80 and about 4th Street.


Has the area deteriorated? No, it%26#39;s still the same as always, but not exactly the location you%26#39;d recommend for a family with young kids, especially if they%26#39;ll be walking to restaurants and other sights.

  • database
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment