Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Should I foot the bill?

My husband and I are going to Vegas with my brother-in-law and his girlfriend. They are on a REALLY tight budget, and we are not (I mean, we can%26#39;t be excessively extravagent, but we want to have a good time).





All four of us will be sharing a hotel room at Planet Hollywood. This is a very short trip, Friday-Sunday, and I want to eat at a few nice restaurants and have LOTS of good drinks. Do we do it the cheap way for my bro-in-law and bring our own booze, eat at fast food places, etc. Or do my husband and I just pay for the whole crew?



Should I foot the bill?


I don%26#39;t know the dynamic between the four of you, but if it were me I%26#39;d layout a plan before the trip that allows for some shared meals %26amp; drinks and some separate meals %26amp; drinks. That way you %26amp; your husband could easily hit a pricier spot or two. If you%26#39;d like to treat them to a special meal and think they%26#39;ll accept and not take offense, that would work well too.



Should I foot the bill?


Why don%26#39;t you split the difference and treat them to one nice dinner of your choosing on Saturday night, and do it their way the rest of the trip?




ChrisKitten8,





If you can afford it and it will not embarrass them go for it. However be sure, It could ruin my holiday if someone insisted on paying for everything and calling all the shots. Why not compromise? Offer to treat to a restaurant you love/or are dying to try and present it to them as they would be accomodating you by joining you. Don%26#39;t make them feel like the poor relations, and don%26#39;t do it if you will end up resenting it.





Mags




When I go anywhere with friends who gamble it is usually the big winner who picks up the check. All you have to do is make sure everyone knows that you are the winner.




I like the idea of taking them out for one nice dinner. I guess it wouldn%26#39;t hurt to bring along some booz. Feel good about yourself and treat them.




I agree with the other posters. You can treat them to one great restauarant and maybe a few drinks if they accept and won%26#39;t resent it. There is nothing wrong with going your own way some of the time-especially on such a short trip. Just make sure they understand- before leaving- that you will not be joined at the hip for the whole trip.




See if You can find some restaurants you like on www.restaurant.com, if You enter the code: SURPRISE (for the next 3 days) You can get $25 certificates as the discount off your meal for the cost of $2.



Border Grill at Mandalay Bay is listed and has received lots of good reviews here on TA. Thats just one, many more in the 89109 Strip zip code. Also, You can purchase more than 1 certificate for the same place. Read the details of the certificates that are listed.




www.restaurant.com



Maybe this will show as a link now.




Thanks everyone! These are people that certainly wouldn%26#39;t mind us paying for them... they%26#39;d prefer that over going to separate restaurants. I am on restaurant.com now. What a steal!




You should get them their own room.





Maybe you can take them out to eat anice meal one night but other then that nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment