Friday, March 30, 2012

Rio room question

Will be going to LV for our second visit in March, when leaving after first visit in february I just knew that was the first of many to come!! So, will be going for 9-10 nights in March 09.



First time was at the Venetian and Paris. Would like to try Rio for 3 nights or so..can see i can get a ';deluxe'; room for $ 50/night or a ';Premium'; for $ 80/night. Does anyone know the difference between those two, is it just the wiew? Premium being with strip wiew as fas as i can figure out and is that worth the extra 30/night?



Maybe we will stay at Paris again for some nights and also hope that some nice deals for Venetian/Palazzo/Wynn/Bellagio pops up as we get closer. Love those places but theres also a big difference between $50 and $250 a night. Should Palazzo come up with a 150$/night deal I will not think twice and have 3 nights there. Well, we see what happens later on, nomatter what Im so sure it will be a great trip...miss Vegas every single day!



Rio room question


The only difference is the view. As Rio is a mile from the Strip I personally wouldn%26#39;t entertain paying extra for the ';view';, but I guess a lot comes down to what you personally want.





$50 is a great rate for Rio. I think I paid that when I had a few days there earlier this year. It%26#39;s a nice hotel and I enjoyed my stay there.



Rio room question


Thx Blagger, since the only difference is the view I%26#39;ll save the 30$ for the slot machines




The strip view isn%26#39;t worth the extra money to me. People have different opinions of what%26#39;s a good strip view, in my opinion it%26#39;s one of the best. They have floor to ceiling windows and you get a panoramic view, with the proper room, of the whole strip - Stratosphere to Mandalay Bay or close to it.





So how do I know so much about the strip view at the Rio? While I%26#39;ve stayed there probably a dozen times I%26#39;ve never paid the extra for the strip view, premium room. But on several trips I%26#39;ve got the view. I know in the summer I generally ask for a room with a pool view and that just happens to often be the strip view. Most times I%26#39;ve been accomodated.





Other times didn%26#39;t even ask and got a strip view room. All things being equal I%26#39;m sure a lot of folks are like us, they book the mountain view, so they have to shift some folks from mountain to strip view.





$50/night gives a feel for the expected occupancy. The fact you%26#39;re from Denmark, only 2nd time to Vegas should be in your favor. I%26#39;d just ask nicely at checkin and as long as you%26#39;re not checking in at midnight you should have a good chance at getting the strip view.





Good luck and enjoy the Rio!




Have booked the 50$ room and will ask very nicely at checkin. Also got the Venetian at 119$/night..couldnt resist. To me thats a good deal in March, due to the finacial crise it seem rates are really going down

No comments:

Post a Comment