Friday, March 30, 2012

Payless Car Rental...Opinions?

Hello!





We usually rent from Dollar- but this trip requires a 6 passenger vehicle- so apparantly we will have to get a minivan :( Dollar is considerably higher than the others- Payless being the lowest total price (Enterprise is not far off though).





Anyone used Payless in Las Vegas- a couple reviews I saw were iffy.....





Help!



Payless Car Rental...Opinions?


IMOP i think Payless sucks,havent used them in Vegas as i am a National Rental fan,payless loves to change their rates on you ,some people may not have a problem with them, different folks for different strokes.



Payless Car Rental...Opinions?


Thanks! Thats why I thought I better ask here! I certainly don%26#39;t want to pay nay more than I have to- but if I choose them to save $40 or $50 and then its a nightmare I%26#39;ll really kick myself!..





Enterprise?? Any opinions on them? Anyone??




Just rented from Payles from Nove 3-7. Had a compact car for 71 including all taxes. NOT A SINGLE PROBLEM.




Be careful with them...I have seen several posts on this forum about nightmare rentals. I remember one story about someone who dropped the car off and received a bill for damage after the fact. Ever since I saw that I won%26#39;t even check their rates.





One thing I have done is rent from the strip and not the airport. You save tons from the taxes they charge you at the airport. I have used Budget on West Tropicana and Dollar in the Bellagio. This doesn%26#39;t always come in lower as I have rented from Hertz at the airport and have received great deals but it%26#39;s worth checking into.




Rented from Enterprise 2 years ago. They put a 300.00 hold on the credit card for a 125 charge.



They do not have a ';speedy kiosik'; but do have an express line. So you need to wait on line before going downstairs to get your car.




I%26#39;ve rented from Enterprise several times near home, but always for ';unusual circumstances'; - car being repaired, need to drive home from a cancelled flight, etc. They were fine. Never rented them just from an airport for a vacation, however. Only annoying thing when I%26#39;ve rented under the unusual circumstances has been that the gas tank is not full - could be anywhere - quarter, half, 3/4%26#39;s, etc., and it was up to you to return it at the SAME level - kinda tricky sometimes. Again, not at an airport location.




I love Payless and probably have used them 7 or 8 times in the last couple of years without a hitch. They do not change rates on you. Too much heresay on some of these opinions. They have the cheapest rates anywhere.




I have used payless for the last 6 years and love them. Never hae had any problems. I always rent an Economy car and they always have bigger cars you can chose from. They are also by far the cheapest in Vegas.




Hi,



I have used Payless rental for my last trip to LV...the physical condition of the vehicle is not good...there are lot of scraches, spots %26amp; dents all around the vehicle. That really made me panicky...I asked the lady who gave the keys...she simply said ';find out all those and mark it on a paper having vehicle drawing...give a copy to me and take one with you to return it later';. It was dark at that time and I was so tired to check each and every part of interier and exterier...I tried to note all but missed one, then again went back to add it...so, by the time I took the vehicle out, I was not in a good mood %26amp; kicking myself for choosing this cheap option.



When I returned the vehicle, I asked him for any issues with it...he said ';You mentioned it all on the paper, so you are fine';...what if I miss one?



I would not recommend this %26amp; please stay away from this option...thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment