Friday, March 30, 2012

TI or Luxor?

I have comparable rates between the 2 hotels.





Which would you pick....





I am running in the LV Marathon on Dec/7 and the start line is at Mandalay Bay...so being at Luxor is close.





But I think I like what I hear of TI and although farther from the start line it seems more appropriately placed on the strip for hopping between hotels.





I have a PYRAMID DELUXE room for $471/3nights at Luxor (marathon deal package)





and





DELUXE ROOM at Treasure Island for same price.



TI or Luxor?


I wouldn%26#39;t pay that much in December for either one. You should be able to get a better deal. Check out the promos on smartervegas.com for the hotels you%26#39;re interested in. I%26#39;ll be quite surprised if you can%26#39;t lower that rate.





I%26#39;m also not a huge fan of either of those properties, but between the two, I%26#39;d choose TI. Still, you can get MGM for less than that easily, which would be more convenient in terms of location and overall a nicer property.



TI or Luxor?


Really?





$471 is high for 3nights during that week (considering there will be 10,000+ for the marathon weekend).





I%26#39;ve searched all those sites and discount codes and pretty much it is at that range.





Anyways....hmmmm...MGM you say.




We%26#39;ve stayed at both, and I like TI better (I am not fond of the Luxor after the renovation....I also don%26#39;t like the Sirens show at TI) LOL



TI is nice, because you also have the Mirage right there, and shopping just across the street on the north.



I am not familiar with the marathon...does location on the strip make a difference to you?




What time does the LV Marathon on Dec/7 start?




6am, yup that%26#39;s right, 6 in the morning.




schuey99: I see your point. However, I think you can still do better if you take advantage of one of the ';stay two nights, get one free'; deals such as this one at Monte Carlo:





https:/…





Even with tax that should save you enough for a meal.




Agree with Strat that there could be some lower options there for you...Sun-Thurs are usually days with lower rates just so you know.




Also agree with Stat but between the 2 i choose TI.




I agree that lower rates can be found, but between the two TI wins hands down for me.




Good luck on the marathon!!





I%26#39;ve stayed at both as well, and the beds at TI were much better. Is the finish line at the Mandalay Bay as well? It might be worth staying at the Luxor if you are closer to the finish line :-).

No comments:

Post a Comment