Monday, March 26, 2012

Going to Vegas in Jan, any ideas for side trip?

I%26#39;m going to Vegas for 10 days in January. I have booked my flights and the MGM for 8 out of the 10 nights, the 2 nights not booked are the weekend in the middle of the holiday





I was thinking about going somewhere else for this weekend. I am thinking about either San Diego or Seattle, the prices are roughly the same for both (flight is cheaper to San Diego, but hotel is more expensive than Seattle)





Which of these would be the better option? Or does anyone have any other ideas? (Preferably within 3 hours flying time of Vegas, as I am already doing a lot of flying to get to Vegas (DUB-ORD-DEN-LAS))





PS: This will be my 4th time in Vegas, and I%26#39;ve been to San Francisco 7 times)



Going to Vegas in Jan, any ideas for side trip?


IMO San Diego is the better choice. I like beaches. Also it is usually only about a 5 hour drive to California so why fly? Plus it is easier to get around when you get there. Go on the San Diego forum and they can give you lots of help with lower hotel prices.



Or, Why not rent a car and drive to Zion and/or Bryce Canyon in Utah. Great weekend trip. Really beautiful. Or Grand Canyon National Park. Stay at the logde there for the nicest time.



Going to Vegas in Jan, any ideas for side trip?


Let%26#39;s see, San Diego with sun and 70-80 degree temps or Seattle with almost guranteed rain and snow with a high of 35 degrees. Decisions, decisions.





Phoenix is another option, only 1 hour flight away. Great golf courses and Mexican food.

No comments:

Post a Comment