Friday, March 30, 2012

bmi updates help

hi there can anyone help.as anyone got any new news on the manchester-las vegas direct flights.with bmi.do u think another airline will take over the bmi flights.or do u think they refund us.



bmi updates help


I heard that they had just bought a major shareholding in BMI to get the London slots. I hadn%26#39;t heard that any flights had been cancelled.



bmi updates help


they either have to reprotect you- ie route you through london or somewhere else or give you a full refund




';Changes to bmi operations at Manchester



Following a review of long haul flying out of London Heathrow and Manchester, the following changes are being made:





From January 2009, our Heathrow-Riyadh service becomes six times a week on an A330, with three services continuing onward to Jeddah and three services continuing onward to Dammam





From Spring 2009, our Heathrow-Cairo and Heathrow-Amman services will be upgraded to A330 aircraft bringing our fully-flat bed Business Class and the biggest Premium Economy in the world (at 50” seat pitch) to our Heathrow hub





On 14 January 2009, unfortunately our Manchester-Chicago service will end





In April 2009, unfortunately our Manchester-Caribbean and Manchester-Las Vegas services will end



The decision to withdraw long haul services from Manchester was a very tough one, since we have operated these routes since 2001. However, sadly, the routes have never performed to the revenue levels we hoped to achieve, which combined with 2008 fuel price increases means we still see little prospect of improvement.





Re-accommodation policy





If you have a booking on discontinued services and you booked direct with our call centre or online, our schedule change team will be in touch with you by the beginning of December, to offer you alternative flights. Re-bookings are being prioritised in date of travel order.





If you booked via a travel agent or a tour operator, they will be in touch with you direct from the middle of next week regarding your rebooking.





We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused.';





We booked through expedia and ensured that each part of the trip was over £100 so that we are covered by the credit card guarantee too. I have emailed expedia and asked if we will be transfered to the direct flight as we are going in February and they are not being cancelled until April.




thanks everyone ,let u know next week when the travelagent might tell me more news,probably going to be a long process,jus want to get it sorted ,




Hiya,





I sopke to expedia last night, they haven%26#39;t had an update from BMI yet but they did say in the past BMI have offered to route passengers through another airport. I have asked them to move me to the direct flight from Manchester if possible. I%26#39;ll keep in touch!




I%26#39;m also booked with BMI from Manc and contacted Expedia again yesterday but they haven%26#39;t had confirmation from BMI yet. I explained that I%26#39;m only prepared to fly from Manc direct and the lady said they are optimistic they can meet my requirements. If they can%26#39;t I shall just cancel and I will book up for Dubai. Unfortunately I imagine Vegas will lose a lot of regular tourists from the north of England because of this




Ive booked with ebookers to go to vegas in feb but going via chicago. I called them last night and they said as yet they have had no contact from bmi!!! I also called bmi to find out when they would be contacting ebookers and they were no help either!






Has everyone been sorted now? I was transfered onto the Direct flight and I am soo excited cos we get to Vegas 8 hours earlier now!

No comments:

Post a Comment