Friday, March 30, 2012

Anyone else going on Harrah's comps for New years Eve?

We are flying in NYE and arriving at airport at 9pm so I booked the airfare and got a great price so looked online to see what I was getting comped from Harrahs and it said 5 nights at all the properties again......so because we just became Diamond members on our last trip last month I thought instead of booking rooms online which we always do I would call our host to see if they were offering anything else.



She says that Harrah%26#39;s properties are not doing any checkins on the 31st but we could check in n the 30th no prob..I was like whatttttttt I already booked with westjet. She apologised and said she would call me right back (this was our host from Flamingo)



So she said she called over to Caesars as well and yes same thing there....I told her when I put the dates in comp it gave me 5 nights rooms checking in Dec 31st so she said all I could do was try it but it might come right back to me saying they couldn%26#39;t do it, well this was Sunday and I booked online and still have not gotten an e-mail back saying no can do haha.



Meanwhile I had left a message for my host at Caesars and he called me back but I didn%26#39;t want to tell him I talked to my flamingo host and what she said so I just pretended I called him for some other reason and told him we booked online already and were coming in on the 31st for 5 nights to which he didn%26#39;t say we couldn%26#39;t. I don%26#39;t know what to do now other than call Caesars maybe in a week or 2 and confirm my reservations for the 31st, what if we get there and they won%26#39;t check us in aghhhhhhhh Sorry this is so long but wanted to explain everything,hope I didn%26#39;t confuse you lol



Anyone else going on Harrah's comps for New years Eve?


Hello,





We are have a reservation at Harrah%26#39;s checking in on 12/31 for three nights. We are not Diamond members but did have one night comped. I called Harrah%26#39;s directly to make the reservation and have since called back and asked for a rate adjustment as the price had dropped a couple of weeks ago. No one has said anything about not accepting arrivals on the 31st. Now I am worried too!! As you said, I would call to confirm your reservations prior.



Anyone else going on Harrah's comps for New years Eve?


I am a little lost but I gather that you did an online reservation and are concerned that it is valid? With Harrah%26#39;s, the trip should show up in My Harrah%26#39;s online. If it doesn%26#39;t and if your hosts didn%26#39;t see it while looking at your account, I would be concerned. You need to get to the bottom of this now as the longer you wait, the harder it will be to get an alternate hotel if your reservation is rejected.




Last night I went on the computer to get rooms for the 31st %26amp; 1st without any problems. It came up comp on 31st %26amp; lst at Paris. I couldn%26#39;t get rooms at Caesars or Flamingo Go rooms so I book Paris %26amp; got a computer confirmation %26amp; email confirmation of my stay for NYE %26amp; NYD. I did see that in the agreement that you had to cancel within 7 days of arrival instead of 72 hrs was the only stipulation on there.




I should have mentioned we are paying 140 I think it was for NYE but the other 4 nights are comped at Caesars. I did get an e-mail conf# so maybe we will be safe.....yesterday I got an offer e-mailed for 3 nights at Mirage starting Jan 2nd, I am tempted now to change Caesars to 2 nights and 3 at Mirage....but scared to make changes at Caesars in case they say we can%26#39;t come dec 31st eek!




No one else going comped for NYE?




I got the Invitation for the Caesars NYE Party and comped rooms but this Year, we are making a trip in mid December instead. Its a blast to be in Vegas during New Years Eve, we brought in the New Year 2007, and everybody should experience it at least once. We however arrived Dec 29 and stayed through January 3. Dont know how check-in works on NYE, You do know they close down the Strip to traffic around 7pm? You may want to call them and find out which would be your best route and entrance in to Caesars.





:) Have fun!




Yes I read that the strip is closed down but can we not go into Caesars self park still I wonder? I forget the street name but I know when we leave self parking we don%26#39;t always go onto the strip.....oh forget that comment we aren%26#39;t renting a car this time lol Hmmmmmmmmm I wonder how a shuttle or cab can get to the hotels? Yikes now I am worried




Hi



My wife and I are flying to Las Vegas from the UK on the 31st Dec and are comped five nights at Paris.We have the confirmation number and the details showing in my reservations within total rewards.



I wouldn%26#39;t worry about it if I were you.



Cheers



David




With Your arrival time on NYE night, I would call Caesars and ask how they plan to handle arrivals after the Strip closes.




Glad I read this thread. Just booked NY at RIO. Comped two of the three days. I would not have thought you could get comped during NY.





Sweet... do people still say that?





J

No comments:

Post a Comment